Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Where's Daddy?


My first conversation with Laura this morning just tickled my heart. Yes, we have a variation quite frequently. But it is usually said with a deep sadness. This morning it was very different. It went something like this:

"Mommy? Where's Daddy?" questioned Laura as she peeked in to our bedroom and found the bed all made up.

"Where is Daddy?" came my usual reply.

"He's at worked."

"Yes, Sweet Pea. He's at work. Why is he at work?" I ask for the umpteenth time.

"He's at worked betause he wuv's us." Her normal reply came quickly. And then she added with so much joy "He wuv's US! He WUV'S US!!!" And she danced down the stairs with a smile on her face and a song on her lips.

How much better can it be than to have a Daddy who really loves us enough to get up and go to work at 5 AM no matter what? It really can't get any better than that. Laura knows it. And so do I. :)

No comments: