Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Forever Easter Eggs



In the year before Don and I married, his office held a contest to see who could produce the best decorated Easter Egg. Being the crafty person that I am, and of course wanting to impress him, I looked up some unique ways to decorate eggs and found a method that in essence decoupaged pretty paper on to an egg shape. I purchased an egg from the craft store and picked out some pretty tissue paper as well as some scrapbooking pages and what I think they called chinese paper, and brought it all home. Don chose what he wanted me to use and I attempted the first of what would turn out to be many Forever Easter Eggs. The process is simple and they turn out beautifully. Needless to say, he won the contest that year. Since then I've taught several others how to make them and created this basket while doing crafts with a neighbor girl one summer to keep her busy. I'll try to post the instructions soon. Meanwhile, here's a not so great close up of the eggs themselves.

No comments: