Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Our "Fingerprints of God"

Sometimes I know the Lord gives you little gifts. Little things that happen that leave you with a feeling of awe, knowing you have indeed been blessed by God today. Today was such a day for me.
Laura went in to see her Pediatrician for her three year check. Once again he marveled at who she has become. How, from that baby who could do nothing for herself and didn't have enough oxygen to live, could come this very animated, thoughtful, delightful bundle of joy has him overwhelmed. He declared her a 'normal three year old' with some minor physical delays due to her clubbed feet. I could hear the disbelief in his voice as he said it but then he repeated it again with more force as if convincing himself that she was what he saw in front of him.
We left with smiles on our faces and we ran through the parking lot to the car in a race to see who got there before we landed in a pile of giggles. As I made the short trip home, Steven Curtis Chapman came on the radio. It was as if the Lord was wrapping me in his arms. And I listened to his gift as he reminded me just how loving he is as Steven Curtis Chapman sang:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God
Indeed Laura is covered with the fingerprints of God. There is no other way that she could be the wonderfully living, breathing child, full of life and laughter. And again I listened as he sang:
Just look at you
You're a wonder in the making
Oh, and God's not through, no
In fact, He's just getting started...
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God
Our little daughter, covered with the fingerprints of God. How awesome is that?

No comments: